Sunday, January 16, 2011

30 Days of [Figure] Skating: Day Fourteen

Day 14: Top 5 Dance Teams

1 - Renee Roca & Gorsha Sur, USA. Everything about this team just oozes confidence. I love their classic dance style, and the fact that Gorsha is smokin' hot. Ha ha! I loved their romantic/slow dance type pieces most, they really felt those programs through to their fingertips!

2 - Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto, USA. They definitely made ice dance fun for Americans. I think what drew me into their skating most was they were my age, they looked so much more mature, and they skated to Elvis. Hello, awesomeness right there!

3 - Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov, USA. I'm seeing a pattern here, ha ha! I think a lot of this bias comes from the fact that I've met them in person and they are not only very responsive, but they cherish the relationships with their fans. They're hardcore dedicated to the sport, and they are pretty fantastic on the ice. Watching Denis' basic skills on Skating with the Stars this winter really made me realize just how special this team is.

4 - Jayne Torvill & Christopher Dean, Great Britain. I think it's considered sacriledge not to have them on a top five list, and even worse that I put them so low. Oh well. I could gush about them and say everything that is always said about them. But, I don't know. I love their choreography more than their actual skating.

5 - Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz, Canada. The first ice dance team that took my interest competitively. Mainly because I loved watching Victor. River Dance was fun and kicky, and their Hotel California was so smooth...

1 comment:

  1. My list:
    1. Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz (Canada)
    2. Megan Wing & Aaron Lowe (Canada)
    3. Alexandra Zaretski & Roman Zaretski (Israel)
    4. Anjelika Krylova & Oleg Ovsiannakov (Russia)
    5. Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir
    5. Marina Anisina & Gwendal Peizerat

    (I know, another tie for 5th... but seriously, how do you decide these things!)

    (Honoroble mention to Madison Chock & Greg Zuerlin of USA, who I love but they are too new to list in my top 5 yet. Also a huge fan of the Duchesnays)

    ReplyDelete