Tuesday, June 23, 2015

30 Days of Television: Day 13

Favorite childhood show

Woo-oo! What kid of the 80s/90s didn't LOVE this show? I watched it EVERY weekday, I LIVED for the new episodes. I own ALL of them on DVD now - because, let's face it, they are a CLASSIC SHOW. Disney has plans to remake it and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not a fan of their Disney Jr. computer animation at all, so I don't have high expectations that Ducktales won't be destroyed by poorly done computer graphics.

I have always loved Donald Duck, that's no secret, I can't remember a time that Donald wasn't my go to character of the Fab Five. So the look into his crazy extended family works right into my fangirling from a young age. I loved Huey, Dewey and Louie. And I ADORE Uncle Scrooge. Launchpad and Doofus were loveable bumblers... and I never did figure if Gyro was male or female.

Their show's theme song is definite a top 10 all time best. It's on my iPod, that's how much I love the song/show. The 80s/90s were the best years for tv for kids. Disney had great shows. DuckTales, Gummy Bears, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, My Little Pony, Care Bears (okay the last two I'm not sure count as Disney)... good times. good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment