Friday, June 12, 2015

30 Days of Television - Day 10

A show you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

I've said it several times already, but after the pilot of The Flash I really never expected by the end of the Season I'd declare it having a better season than Arrow. It started off a little rocky, but it really took off and was killer good playing with the audience's emotions.

They had freaking Mark Hamill reprise his role as the Trickster for crying outloud!

Grant Gustin is the perfect Barry Allen. He's adorably charming, honest, can cry like no one else I know on camera, he fits the character perfectly. Jesse Martin as Barry's guardian/foster father, Joe West, plays the role with strength and grace. Candice Patton is good in her role as best friend and love interest. And Tom Cavanaugh - FauxWells... oh what a perfect villain. Complex, confusing, intriguing, evil and yet so... I don't know. We felt right along with Barry the convoluted emotions the truth brought.

That they've stated Tom will be back for the second season makes me happy.

I really didn't expect to love The Flash. I thought it was going to be cheesey, a classic spin off... but it wasn't. It's awesome. I can't wait for Season 2. I need to add it to my DVD collection!

courtesy of greerdanvilles on tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment