Tuesday, June 9, 2015

30 Days of Television - Day 07

Day 07 - Least favorite episode of your favorite t.v. show

I'll tell you, this one is hard, because I pretty much love ALL of Arrow... but I am going to be *that fan* who chooses one that the fandom raved about when it aired. I have a confession my fellow Arrow fans - I did not like the Season 3 Finale.

Oh, sure, there was a lot of action (the fight scenes were AMAZING) and there was some pretty entertaining dialogue (anytime John Barrowman gets to show off his sass, it's a good day for me)... and the cameo by The Flash was a major highlight (I never expected to fall in love with Grant Gustin's Barry Allen, but he's super adorable.)... but I hated how it felt like a season finale.

I hated that Olicity felt final.

I hated that Diggle and Oliver parted ways.

I hated that they're suggesting The Arrow/Oliver Queen is officially retired.

I hated it.

It was just a very disappointing - for me - episode. Too much going on, too many rush to finish storyline. Too much finality.

I don't doubt Oliver and Felicity will be back, I don't doubt that it will be fun next year... but I really really really REALLY hate change. And I really really really hate the idea that Oliver and Diggle are at odds. The hurt that isn't going to go away any time soon hurt ME. LOL

I said it when the finales aired, but The Flash's finale blew Arrow's so far out of the water. I expected more from Arrow. It's not the casts' fault. It's not the director's fault. It was the writing.

I know, I'm probably in the minority. I'm still a die hard fan... I just hope I get to stay that way. (I only lasted 3 seasons into Once Upon A Time, after all.)


1

No comments:

Post a Comment