Friday, June 26, 2015

30 Days of Television: Day 15

Favorite Female Character

This one was a little trickier than favorite male character. I have a lot of favorite male characters, but the ladies don't do a lot for me. I don't know if it's the way they are portrayed on TV, or if the shows I watch are generally more male centric in storyline... or a combo of that and more. I find most female characters annoying, or the actresses bug me... or I start out liking them and then they change up the character a little too much and I'm over it (Emma Swan comes to mind for that last one). So I had to actually think about it and it came down to two characters who I do truly love and look forward to seeing each week when their shows air... Felicity Smoak (Arrow) and the character I chose for this prompt Bernadette (The Big Bang Theory).

Bernadette reminds me a lot of one of my cousins (and I really have no idea why other than the hair and when she wears her glasses!), and I LOVE her attitude. She can be super sweet, naive, and yet she's a spitfire who's really a whole lot wiser than the boys give her credit for. She is freaking hysterical! I love how she can go from calm, cool and collected to super angry in the blink of an eye (and she typically has ever reason to do it!)



I don't understand her attraction to Howard, but even that gives a lot of good laughs - and she really helped with his maturing into a semi decent character in later seasons. I find myself quoting her A LOT (especially the Disneyland episode. "It was my idea, I'm driving, I get to be Cinderella - you b*tches got a problem with that we can stop the car RIGHT now.") and no matter how many times I watch an episode she never fails to make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment