Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Seavey assessed a two-hour penalty for moose kill

The Iditarod released a statement Wednesday stating the Race Marshall Warren Palfrey after convening a panel of three race officials decided that Dallas Seavey had not efficiently gutted the moose after dispatching it Monday morning.

You can read the full press release here.

Seavey is currently 29 miles to Cripple where it is assumed the musher will take his mandatory 24-hour plus differential break. This will now include an extra two hours for the penalty. It is unknown whether Seavey knows about the decision.

This is a developing story. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Toni, great to meet you at the restart! Thanks for providing the updates. I can't believe this happened literally less than a few hours after our conversation about *this exact issue*. Pretty weird coincidence! Hope your pictures came out well too!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for reading! Crazy right?! Ugh! I hate how tasty moose is cuz I kinda really want them to go away forever right now!

      It was great meeting you out on the lake... and funny story I think I got a pic of you standing in line for food! LOL I was snapping a pic of Emily Robinson and I'm pretty sure it's you in the background! LOL

      Delete