Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wildride Sled Dog Rodeo 2010

It's been requested that I share a little bit on how Wildride is going this year. Please be aware that I am not as in the loop now that I am merely a 'relief' employee, but I can say that it seems to still be following the usual pattern, weekdays are lean, Thursday through Sunday are heavier crowds.

This year they are doing only one show a night, up to two dinners (one before teh show, one after) a night, and Kennel tours doing the day. I don't know much about the Kennel tours, but I think if you're wanting one on one time with the dogs and the mushers that's the best bet, but I would not skip out on the show if at all possible.

I've also tasted the goodies on the menu and I have to say it's pretty good grub. The beef is killer, the chicken is standard, the veggies are crisp and fresh and I'm assured that it's all cooked in a healthy manner. I say who cares about that last part, but it's been pretty much emphasised by our chef that that's the way to go! ha ha!

We have a litter of six pups, five boys and a girl, and they are the sweetest, gentlest pups I've ever seen with this group. That being said they are fiesty with each other. The girl keeps the boys in line, that is for sure!

Show is going well, with Jen due any day now she's not in it this year, and Dallas is preparing to be MIA for a while when the baby actually comes, so we're testing out a semi new cast. But the script is the standard fare with a few slight changes to the cues, but the music is all the same.

This show is still a definite must do for travellers and Alaskans alike and I hope to see a few of our regulars while I'm working!

Now, some pics! (click to enlarge)



And a video or two:

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks much for sharing - great photos too, I enjoy seeing all the "behind the scense" stuff.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete