Monday, January 1, 2018

San Jose 2018 Travel Log: Happy New Year!

Mirai Nagasu skates her way to gold.
January 2008 (the last time I attended a
US National Championship)
Good first evening of 2018! I'm sitting here in my lovely hotel room in Anchorage trying to get ready to fall asleep so that I can be somewhat rested when I head to the airport at 4 am tomorrow. Yeah, this night owl isn't all that thrilled with when I'm heading out, but it is what it is. This way I get down to San Jose near check in time for the hotel. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll attend a few events at the arena, though I just found out about San Jose's "Christmas at the Park" which is going on through the 7th and I may skip some of the skating to check that out as it's free and it's CHRISTMAS!

I'm fighting off a cold, I'm not sure who is winning. I've been best friends with Cold-eeze since Sunday. Hopefully I can keep it at bay. It seems to be a new theme of mine: get sick to start my trips. Ugh! I absolutely hate feeling run down before the fun has even started.

I will try to check in as best I can while on my trip, but we all know I'm horrible at trip reports during as well as after anything. Trying to be better. Make sure to follow me on twitter and instagram as I have a feeling that may be where I do most of my "real time" posts.

Good night! I'll see you all in San Jose!

No comments:

Post a Comment