Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Danny Seavey's Fantasy Iditarod is in its fourth year!

Danny Seavey running the Seavey
Puppy team during the Ceremonial
Start of Iditarod 42.
A few years ago when I was still working for the Seavey's, Danny got bored watching the race at home and came up with a Fantasy Iditarod game similar to what fans of football/baseball/basketball have. Of course, we couldn't choose 16 dogs from different teams, so he made it a system of choosing mushers.

It's just one of the innovative ways a Seavey has brought a positive light to the sport and especially the Iditarod. Unlike others have popped up soon after - Danny's game is completely free. You don't have to have any real knowledge of the sport to play, and sometimes it seems the LESS someone knows about the teams, the better chance they have (that's my story and I'm sticking to it, because I never really do well).

Anyway, this is the 4th year Danny's running the game... all while he is also working for Iditarod Insider in a larger capacity than I every expected. He's got a pretty sweet gig. Plus he's gotta blog for Team Seavey on Facebook.

I've said it for the last 9 years - Seavey's do not understand what sleep is or how it works.

So be sure to sign up - you will enjoy it! Plus, it just adds a new level of obsession to Iditarod!


OK guys, here it is. Please let me know if I missed anything before the mass email goes out tomorrow - Danny Seavey
Posted by Fantasy Iditarod on Wednesday, March 2, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment