Monday, August 18, 2014

31 Days of Film - Day 18: Worst script in a film

I loved Batman growing up. I watched the reruns of the horribly cheesy tv show. So I'm not asking for a though provoking, Schindler's List type script from a Batman movie.. but after the great films from the 80s and early 90s, you expect at least some sort of decent and fun script.

This movie was not fun, clever, or even well acted. The casting was just as bad as the writing (seriously Clooney as Batman SUCKS). It was thrown together and just a mess. It was so disappointing.

I mean, I was so creeped out by Batman (Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson) that I couldn't watch it for years after my first viewing. And, so this day, I cannot watch Jack Nicholson in anything (including the Oscars) without wanting to cry. He creeped me out that much.

Christopher Walken, Michelle Pfiffer, and Danny DeVito had the same affect in Batman, Returns. They were incredibly creepy (in DeVito's case he was super disgusting). Even Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey delivered awesome Batman Villain performances (with Val Kilmer as the caped crusader). Uma Thurman, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and George Clooney (and Alicia Silverstone) were just a huge disappointment.

My fangirl crush of Chris O'Donnell was not enough for me to make it all the way through this film. It's that lame. I'd rather watch the 1960s Batman movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment