Friday, January 21, 2011

30 Days of [Figure] Skating: Day Eighteen

Day 18: Favorite Music for Skating

People may think I'm weird, but my favorite music I've seen skaters skate to is the canned music that the ice dancers used for the Yankee Polka Compulsory Dances. Honestly, this is the main reason I was incredibly bummed when the ISU did away with the CDs. Not only do the CDs show the difference between a high level team and low level team, but because of no more Yankee Polka! Who doesn't really love a good polka dance. Yeah the music cheesy and the costumes are awkward, but it's so peppy and fun! Maybe it's my German roots that makes the music call out to me, I don't know, but I just love it! I love going to EPCOT and sitting in the Germany pavilion and listening (and jigging) to the music. I'm a dork, but I love it!

2 comments:

  1. What? I'm not the only one who LOVES CD music haha? haha! For me though, it's not just the polka's, I loved all of them! The Golden Waltzes may have been my favourite though...

    Seriously, Compulsory Dances were my all-time favourite event of any discipline in any competition, so yeh, I was NOT happy when they did away with it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone that's skated the yankee polka and heard ALL of the ISU music selections for it, it's by far the BEST ice dance to perform and you never get sick of the music. It's soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete